Monday 4 March 2013

THE HANDSOMEST BEING IN THE WORLD



  There was a time when HH Shri Bhola Nathji (1902-1992) who was later the Founder of the World Prayer Day for Peace, was known as the handsomest man in the world.

The picture attached here was taken on his wedding day on the 7th of May, 1939, when he is attired in a typical bridegroom's dress. If you study this portrait will care you will experience that it is no ordinary face but has the element of the divine in it.

The sheer perfection of his aquiline face, the divine love in his eyes, the humility of his countenance, the compassion and innocence of his personality marked him out as a being who did not belong to this world. People experienced God in him.

People who met him for the first time were surprised to find such astonishing love and humility as if he were their nearest and dearest loved one. Whenever he left a city the railway platforms were filled with people weeping, as if their very hearts were breaking. People would break out into tears even when they met him for the first time in their lives. It was as if he were a part of them, a long lost companion in life.

To come near him was to forget the troubles of the world, to be set free of the sorrows and miseries of life, to find a refuge, a saviour in the world of strangers. It was as if he existed only for them and had no purpose of his own. His words were like divine nectar and when he spoke, time ceased to exist, people were taken to another plane of existence as if they were listening to the voice of God. He would say

"Where God exists, time does not exist."

It was his voice:

"I have no mission except Love in this world,
My mission is Love and my work is Love."

Though miracles followed him wherever he went, he attached no importance to them and would say:

"Speak not to me of miracles,
For I have left miracles behind."

"If I heal a sick man, he will fall sick again. If I bring a dead man back to life he will die again. For me the greatest miracle is that I kindle the light of faith in your hearts which not even the greatest storms of the world can blow out."

During his lifetime he was regarded as an Avatar by many people, an Avatar being a descent of God in man. But he chose in all humility to call himself, Ghulam Rue Zameen, which means, the Servant of the Earth.

He would say:

"Accept me! But not as your Master,
As your Servant!"

"I have not come to be worshiped,
I have come to worship you!"

"I am not that light which falls only upon your heads,
I am that light which rests upon your feet as well!"

His last words were:

"Remember, I am yours,
When I am close, I am yours,
When I am far, I am yours.
In every sorrow, I am yours,
In every joy, I am yours,
I life, I am yours,
And in death, I am yours."

After his going physically from the earth people began to experience his presence more strongly than ever before, as if he were in the midst of them, loving them and comforting them and being a companion in their sorrows and sufferings.

His advent upon the planet earth brought home to people that the real face of God is that of Love and Peace, call him by any other name you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment