Monday 2 February 2015

THE DEATH OF A BELIEVER

THE DEATH OF A BELIEVER

====================================

From the Parables of HH Shri Bhola Nathji (1902-1992) Great Spiritual Luminary of his time who gave peace and beatitude to countless souls during his lifetime, alleviating them of their ills and sorrows, and who remains with us in his spiritual form even today answering our prayers, and in his writings that reveal the highest of spiritual truths showing a path to enlightenment to mankind.

===========================================

" There was a disciple on the way to meet his Spiritual Master, his Guru, a Holy man, when he heard the chirping of birds which were encircling the sky above his head.

He thought he heard them say: "Your Spiritual Master is dead. Your Guru has died!"

The disciple, stricken with panic ran all the way to the house of his Master -- and found him sitting peacefully on his chair!

However he could not contain his tears, and he fell down and wept at the feet of his Master without saying anything.

When his Master asked him why he was weeping, he replied:

"It is just the thought of your not being before me, the thought of your leaving your body. It is an unbearable thought for me!

"When I was on my way to your place I heard the birds circling above my head chirping this aloud to each other! Although it shocked me beyond measure-- but I cannot tell you how happy I am to see you hale and hearty, and to know that the birds were wrong!"

The Spiritual Master thought for a while and then said:

"Son! The birds were right! I had died for a moment! I had died for a moment because I had forgotten God!"

This should be the intensity of a believer's devotion in God that he never forget Him for even a moment. It is written in Persian:

"Khaaham ke na gardam za to ghaafil yak dam,
Afsos azeem ghaflate har dam har dam!"

"I had wished that I never forget Thee even for a moment,
Alas! My forgetting Thee is now the sorrow of each and every moment!"

It is written in the Sikh writings as a saying of Guru Nanak, the founder of the Sikh Faith in Punjabi:

"Aakhaan jeevaan visreyaan hi mar jaavaan"

"For as long as I remember Thee, I am alive,
And when I forget Thee, I have died."

No comments:

Post a Comment