Saturday 6 July 2013

MIRACLE AT HARVARD



 
I was a student of Nuclear Physics at Harvard. And I was surrounded by the nicest people I ever met in my life. These were humble scientists, some of them Nobel Prize winners, but with a humility so great that they never made anyone feel small in their presence. There was none of that pomposity that marks some of the professors in India and England and even Europe.

When I went to the Physics Department on my first day at Harvard, the Chairman of the Department, Dr. Preston, picked up a chair and brought it for me to sit down upon. I dont think any Indian Head of the Department would have done that.

When my father, HH Shri Bhola Nathji, came to visit me and I casually introduced him to one of my fellow students in the dormitory, I recall how my father embraced him and later said to me: "It brought a coolness to my heart! These are walking angels!"
My father stayed at Cambridge and then went back after three months.

Time came when I had to give my Ph.D Oral examination. I stood at the blackboard with three eminent professors of Harvard sitting before me on the benches firing questions at me. One of them was my own Thesis Adviser Dr. Henri Mitler and he was quite helpful. The other one was Professor Glauber an eminent nuclear physicist, and he was scary, but I could manage through most of his questions.

The third was Prof Lazer from the Astrophysics Department. And he was the scariest one of them all. Scary, because of the tough questions he was asking. I had studied nuclear physics all my life and knew very little Astrophysics - the physics of the stars.

He asked me a tough question, and I was confused. But somehow I managed to scrape through it. Then he asked me another, tougher question, which I could not have answered had my thesis adviser not intervened to save me.

Finally he came to the toughest question of the day. I was stuck. I had no idea what he was talking about and had no answer. This was it. I was going to fail the examination I was sure, and all because of this humble, innocuous, but brilliant Dr. Lazer shootng away the most difficult of questions.

For a moment only, I shut my eyes and prayed to my father, HH Shri Bhola Nathji to get me out of this tough position.

Suddenly the department secretary Anne Guest walked into the lecture room and said anxiously:

"Dr. Lazer!! There is an urgent phone call for you! Your wife has just crashed your car at the supermarket. She is unhurt, but She wants you to come immediately!!"

Dr. Lazer excused himself and left the hall.

The rest was smooth sailing. With Dr. Lazer gone I could easily answer all the questions put to me and passed the Ph.D Oral with flying colors. I still dont know how I did it. It was as if HH Shri Bhola Nathjii were speaking through me!!

But it was funny the manner how he got Dr. Lazer out of the hall to save me from the exam, and at the same time saved his wife from a serious car accident so that she wasnt hurt at all.

This has been the experiences of thousands. People who have prayed to HH Shri Bhola Nathji at times of trouble have received instant answers, even after his going from the planet earth in 1992.

He would say:

"Try me! If you need me, I will come faster than the wind, faster than the flash of lightning! In fact I have taken on the short name of 'Nath' so that you wont have to spend time calling out to me!

"In fact I am never far from you. I am like the air which is always with you 24 hours of the day without being visible!"

"I am the servant of the earth, and a servant must be prepared at all hours of the day or night to serve his master! All you have to do is to call out to me and I will be there! In fact I will be there even before you call out to me!"

He would even go a step further and add:

"When you walk in the streets I walk by your side, so that I can hold your hand if you are about to trip and fall. When you go to sleep in the night I sit by your bedside to watch over you so that no nightmares come to frighten you nor any illness come to put your life in peril!"

No comments:

Post a Comment