Saturday 6 July 2013

RARE PHOTO OF HH SHRI NATHJI AFTER MARRIAGE




I was able to find out this very rare picture of my parents taken immediately after their marriage on 7th May 1939.

My Father, HH Shri Bhola Nathji ( 1902-1992)
My Mother, Smt. Savitri Devi (1916-1967)

It is probably the only debonair and suave picture of HH Shri Nathji in that pose, with his elbow over a chair, looking perfectly divine in whatever pose he assumed. My mother is also looking extra-ordinarily beautiful, perhaps more so than many of the most beautiful cine actresses of today.

I recall my mother telling me that when her girl college friends first saw HH Shri Nathji on the day of the marriage, they came rushing to her to tell her:

"O Savitri! Do you know! the bridegroom is SOOOO.. handsome!!"

People could scarce stop themselves from swooning at the sight of HH Shri Nathji's divine beauty, which was in fact a beauty that came from another world.

I post this picture in remembrance of that occasion.

One must salute the photographers of those days who shot their pictures with large wooden box cameras, while hiding their heads inside black capes at the backsides of the camera! And the results were so fantastic that many of our present day hi-technology cameras can scarce produce such beautiful pictures -- but then maybe the present day generation is not as beautiful as the generations gone by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment