Saturday 6 July 2013

QUEST FOR MATERIAL WEALTH




HH Shri Nathji (1902-1992) Founder of the World Prayer Day, often narrated this story:

"When Alexander the Great was on his death-bed he expressed a very strange desire to his family and courtiers gathered inside his chambers.

'When you take out my funeral procession through the streets of the city then cover my entire body with a white sheet, but let my hands remain uncovered and hanging on either side of my body.

"I want the people of the world to look upon my hands and to see that the hands of Alexander the Great that sought to possess the entire wealth of the world, are today going away empty!"

So if Alexander the Great could not take anything with him when he left the world, then who amongst us will!

People who hanker after the wealth of the world must surely keep this in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment