Saturday 6 July 2013

MY PARENTS CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY 1956



My Father, HH Shri Bhola Nathji (1902-1992) The Founder of the World Prayer Day and my mother, Smt. Savitri Devi (1916-1967).

Here is another memory of my parents in our mountain home in the Himalayas at Mussoorie, where my parents were celebrating my birthday in 1956. All the delicacies on the dining table were meant for me. I am not in the picture probably because I was the one who shot the picture with the camera.

My Father used to say: "Just like the photographer is not inside his photo, in a like manner God cannot be found inside his Creation! But just as the photograph cannot exist without a photographer in a like manner the Universe cannot exist without its Creator!"

But unlike the moment of creation of the Universe, the moment of creation of the Photograph is seen in the photograph itself, which is the past making itself alive transiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment