Saturday 1 August 2015

EARTHQUAKE PROTECTION USING HELMET


Dearest Friends,
I am deeply touched by your concern, and am sure your prayers and good wishes are keeping us all safe here despite the tremors and jerks which keep coming sporadically.
While various methods have been advised by Earthquake Experts to save oneself from falling bricks, walls and roofs, - like getting under the table or under the bed, or standing in a corner of the room, or putting a pillow on the head, it surprises me that no one thought of the simplest protection available almost with every person -- a motorcycle, or scooter, helmet.
I got several of these from a Computer shop. The Shop owner was surprised when I told him I needed them for earthquake protection. He told me:
"No one has thought of it except you!"
I hope all my friends who are in earthquake prone areas will get enough motorcycle helmets for everyone in the household, and put them on before doing anything else, whether inside the rooms or while rushing down the stairs to get out of the house, and then keep the helmets on even when out in the open, lest flying stones and debris come your way.
I am posting a picture of myself in a helmet -- the first I have ever worn in my entire life. It makes me look like an astronaut, but at least its a good safety measure.
Please pass the word along and inform as many people as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment