Saturday 1 August 2015

PANDEMONIUM AT THE LOST "PUPPAA" -PACIFIER


In the photographs below I have been shown riding a Tricycle which my elder brother is driving. We were both classified as "tiny tots".
But I was a "tinier totter" than my brother. And still had not given up the habit of chewing on the rubber pacifier which is given to babies. Maybe I enjoyed the smell of the British made rubber. I was about four years of age at the time, an age in which tiny tots grow out of pacifiers. But I would not part with mine.
As a matter of fact I even drank my milk through the pacifier attached to a milk bottle which is usually used to feed babes! Maybe because the smell of the rubber pacifier made the milk more palatable which I otherwise hated!
Then came a day when the pacifier known as the "puppaa" was lost! And there was pandemonium in the house as I refused to drink the milk and became aggressive and yelling at the top of my voice, scaring everyone in the house!!
My parents and the two servants searched all over the house for the "puppaa" but it was nowhere in sight. I would not stop hollering and refused to have any milk or food the whole day.
My father even went to the local chemist and brought a new "puppaa", but I threw it away. I wanted the old "puppaa" back or nothing!! There was no compromising on the lost "puppaa". Either the "puppaa" had to be back or I would remain on a hunger strike.
My father who could accomplish almost anything and had been accredited with the power of doing miracles, was at his wits end on how to resolve the situation. And so he was forced into performing a miracle!
At around dusk time when the sun was sinking in the west and people were still searching for the lost "puppaa" in the dim light -- it miraculously re-surfaced!!. It had fallen down the mountainside on which the house was situated! And was hanging on to a thread-bare bush, about to plunge into the ravine below.
It was brought back by one of the servants-- much to the relief of the inmates of the house. And the next instant I was seen drinking my milk bottle with satisfaction with the "puppaa" attached to it!
Lesson: So much for "puppaas"- pacifiers! Dont get attached to them or it can be disastrous when you outgrow babyhood! Disastrous for the parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment