Wednesday 26 June 2019

LEAVING THE WORLD ONE BY ONE

LEAVING THE WORLD ONE BY ONE
=====================================
When I first came to Facebook in 2009 I had a host of friends and devotees who were with me. Then suddenly over the years the inevitable began to happen.-- friends as well as devotees began leaving the world, one by one. Some left young while others in their old age, leaving a host of remembrances in my heart.
Only this morning at 4 am, it was learnt that Shri Chaman Lal Khosla had left for his abode in the heavens - Nath Lok.
He had already been taken off the ventilator at the hospital and sent home to die by the hospital, and was not responding in any manner.
Then I spoke to his unconscious form, over a long distance telephone call,for about half an hour, because I knew that although his body was unconscious, the soul within was listening.
And quite suddenly, much to the astonishment of all, Shri Chaman Lal moved his hands together and brought the palms of his hands together in a last salute, pranaam, to me.
This was late last night. And he left very peacefully at 4 am this morning.
He was an ardent devotee of my father HH Shri Bhola Nathji for over 60 years, since a very young age, and later in his twilight years his devotion was turned towards me as he beheld HH Shri Bhola Nathji in me.
I will always remember him as the only devotee whose hands were folded together in a gesture of "pranaams"every time he came before me over the many years, of his devotion.
His going away is a loss to the world, which is always poorer whenever any righteous soul leaves it for its heavenly abode.
Each one of us is unique in his or her own way, and there shall never be a replacement for anyone that is gone.
Which brings to fore the Verse of HH Shri Bhola Nathji:
"Jo Baadaakash thhe puraane vo utthe chale jaate hain,
Kaheen se Aabe Bakaaye Davaam le Saaki"
"Thy older lovers are leaving this world, one by one,
O Lord! Bring forth Thy Nectar of Eternal Life which will bring them back to life again!"
Priya Nath Mehta

No comments:

Post a Comment