Wednesday 26 June 2019

THE WORTH OF BLESSINGS

THE WORTH OF BLESSINGS
================================================
FROM THE MEMOIRS OF MY FATHER, HH SHRI BHOLA NATHJI, A GREAT SPIRITUAL LUMINARY WHO GAVE PEACE AND BEATITUDE TO COUNTLESS FOLK DURING HIS LIFETIME AND STILL DOES SO FROM HIS CELESTIAL PLANE.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was in the 1940's when HH Shri Bhola Nathji lived in the Himalayas of Mussoorie on a house located on top of a hill which had a steep slope leading to it.
He was talking to two visitors when there was a knocking at his door and a learned Barrister from Lucknow, who had known him for long, came in.
He was 82 years old and was helped by his servant to walk.
HH Shri Bhola Nathji greeted him with extreme courtesy and affection, and said with his characteristic humility:
"You suffered such a steep slope at this age. You could have informed me and I would have come to your place to meet you."
The Barrister said: "Sir, there is a steeper slope in life, yet to climb!
"I am now 82 years old and have obtained an insight into this world through the spectacles of old age.
"My spectacles show me those things which are near and those which are far away.
"And I see that everything that I had earned for this world is receding far away from me.
"And that I have earned nothing for the world to come!"
HH Shri Bhola Nathji said: "May I pray for your long life? And show you the way to earn for the next world?"
The Barrister said: " Sir, I have not come to ask for a longer life. Even if you grant me the boon of living up to a 120 years the time will pass away, just like these 82 years have gone.
"Nor have I come to ask you the way to earn for the next world. Even if you show me how, I have no strength to walk. Doctors are by my bedside night and day.
" I had heard that a Sakhi, a Benevolent One resides on top of this mountain and I have come to ask for your Benevolence--
"I have no strength to earn for the next world.. but I can ask of you one thing.. Give me a little from the vast storehouse of Blessings which you have with you and I shall get across this ocean of life and death"
HH Shri Bhola Nathji said: " O Barrister! Each and every step that you have taken towards me has brought you these blessings in abundance!"
COPYRIGHT
PRIYA NATH MEHTA

No comments:

Post a Comment