Wednesday 19 September 2012

HOW TO ENCOURAGE GOODNESS IN THE WORLD



HOW TO ENCOURAGE GOODNESS IN THE WORLD

In this world where it is every man for himself and people are becoming more and more self centered, harsh and cruel and even ruthless, it is very hard to find real goodness and kindness existing in a person.

Sadly even the good people in the world have a cold ruthlessness about them, and are polite and kind only to a small extent.

So in such a world if y
ou ever happen to meet a person who is exceptionally, polite, kind and gentle and helpful, and who goes out of his way to help you, -- dont just say "Thank You!' and then walk away.

Stop for a while and shake his hand repeatedly with both your hands, saying,
"Thank you- thank you- thank you- thank you! You are one of the kindest persons I have ever met. Thank you for all your help. People like you are so rare in this world of today. You are making the world a better place to live in! I will always remember you!"

As you say this with feeling, not flattery, you will notice a look of abashment come over his face, and a glow of happiness, and perhaps a tear glistening in his eye. You can see you have really and truly made him happy in his heart by your thanks.

And you know in your heart of hearts that if the person was good, your thanks will have made him better. And if he was better, your thanks will have made him the best!

Yes, your thanks have encouraged good people to remain good, and have thus encouraged goodness in the world.

A total stranger was very good to my father, HH Shri Nathji, and when my father asked him for his name he said with humility:

"O forget me, Sir!"

And my father said:

"How can I forget you? In order to forget you I will have to remember you. And if I remember you how can I forget you!"

There was an exceptionally polite optician who attended to my father's spectacles, and when my father left, my father said to him:

"I have kept you on my eyes! I shall look upon the world with the spectacles you have given me - and I shall look upon you inside my heart with the eyes of my heart!"

The optician was so touched that tears began to stream down his eyes.

I believe this is a lesson I have learnt from my father, how to be very profuse in my thanks and appreciation. You dont know how much of a transformation it brings about in the person who is thanked and how much he is encouraged to remain that way in a thankless, impolite, and unkind world.

No comments:

Post a Comment