Wednesday 19 September 2012

PASSING OF GREAT DEVOTEE AND FRIEND



PASSING OF GREAT DEVOTEE AND FRIEND
August 9, 2012

{In the attached picture I am shown at Mussoorie in the Himalayas, 1000 miles from Nagpur where Raju was lying in a coma in a Hospital and I was speaking to him over the phone - which was
held to his ear by his son at the hospital at Nagpur.}

Even as I write this post up here in the Himalayan Mountains, the last funeral rites of Raju Urhekar, a great devotee of my Father, HH Shri Nathji, and a great friend of mine, are taking place a thousand miles away in the city of Nagpur.

I "spoke" to him over the phone as he was lying in a coma in the hospital, and I could feel that though his body may have been unconscious, his soul was listening to every word I said and was at great peace.

Raju Urhekar always believed that he had been brought into this world by HH Shri Nathji. His parents had been barren but they were blessed with children after they had met HH Shri Nathji.

For Raju the only God he ever knew in life was HH Shri Nathji and his only religion was that of the Love and Peace which HH Shri Nathji gave him. And it was that firm faith that went with him up to the last moments of his life.

When he left the world it was with the image of HH Shri Nathji in his heart and the name of HH Shri Nathji on his lips, fully convinced that he had gone to the heavenly Abode where HH Shri Nathji lived.

It is the prayer of a devotee to his God:

"Let the last breath of my life be spent at thy feet O Lord,
This is my only prayer, the greatest desire of my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment