Monday 31 October 2016

BIRTHDAY OF H.H. SHRI BABAJI (1867-1940)

A LIGHT IS BORN
Today, January 21, 2016, is the 149th birth anniversary of my Grandfather, who was born on 1867 and who left for his eternal immortal abode in December 1940. His name was Devi Das Mehta and he was born in the Punjab in Northern India. He came to be described as HH Shri Babaji Bhagwan in later days, even as the effulgence of his divine light spread to those around him.
He was the Father of my Father HH Shri Bhola Nathji (1902-1992) The Founder of the World Prayer Day for Peace and Love.
He was an enlightened soul who came into the world to spread love and peace and to alleviate the ills and sorrows of mankind. Indeed such are the enlightened souls who come into the world and are described as prophets, seers and sages, carrying the light of God within them. People who come into contact with them instinctively feel this.
Born as the only son to a millionaire family, he could have chosen to become a rich young man after the death of his father. But instead he chose the spiritual path and gave away all his wealth to the poor and those in need.
 He rejoiced in this renunciation. Wealth had no meaning for him save that it could be used to help others. Wealth had become a means of spiritual attainment.
He was one of the wisest men of his time, and, when in school, he was often dubbed 'Aristotle" and would resolve many a dispute amongst people.
He loved everyone. There were no strangers for him. What could induce a man to love total strangers just as much as he loved his own self? Herein lies the hallmark of the Enlightened Soul.
Multitudes thronged to him to obtain peace and beatitude and to listen to his words of Love and Compassion that were a soothing balm to the heart. He was filled with Love and Compassion for humanity. The sufferings of the world were his own. He could not bear to see anyone in pain or sorrow.
Here are some of his quotations of the time:
"I cannot be content with my own salvation for as long as even one person is in bondage."
"I am convinced there is no condition higher than that silence which comes of the abandonment of all latent desires."

And there is no state which is lower than mine.
And there is no state which is like mine."
"There is no state which is higher than mine,
"I am content with what God has given me as my share,
And I commit to my Creator my every care,
To do good in the past has been indeed His Will,
He will do good as well in what is to come still"
UNIVERSAL PRAYER WRITTEN BY HIM
"I adore Thee as my first beginning,
I aspire after Thee as my last end,
I give Thee thanks as my constant Benefactor,
I call upon Thee as my sovereign Protector,
Vouchsafe, O my God,
To conduct me by Thy wisdom,
Restrain me by Thy Justice,
Comfort me by Thy Mercy,
Defend me by Thy power.
To Thee I desire to consecrate
All my thoughts, words, actions and sufferings,
That henceforth I may think of Thee,
Speak of Thee,
Willingly refer all my actions to
Thy Greater Glory,
And suffer willingly
Whatever Thou shalt appoint.
Lord, I desire that in all things Thy will may be done,
Because it is Thy Will,
And in the manner Thou willest"
For him Life and Death did not exist. He would say:
"Life is an order of God that brings man into the world and Death another order of God that takes man away from the world."
On the 13th of December 1940, he closed his eyes to the mortal world and mingled into the infinity of his immortal self, but his Spirit lives on in the hearts of the good folk of the world. Wherever there is Goodness, Righteousness, Love, Compassion and Peace, Shri Babaji lives on.
His greatest gift to the world was his son, HH Shri Bhola Nathji, who was later the Founder of the World Prayer Day for Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment