Monday 31 October 2016

'MUSSOORIE KIS QADAR KHUSH HAI..."

I sang this Urdu Song (Ghazal) written by my Father, in 1984, [HH Shri Bhola Nathji (1902-1992)] which depicts his sojourn in the Himalayas of Mussoorie during the years 1929 till 1956.
The song depicts the joy that HH Shri Bhola Nathji felt when he came to this city, and the love and compassion and peace and beatitude that he showered upon the people there.
It was here that I, Priya Nath Mehta, was born as depicted in the video slide show, in the arms of my mother.
It was also here that my elder brother and I spent many a happy moment together as we went to Hampton Court, the Catholic Convent School, and later to the Methodist Allen Memorial School and to the Adventist Vincent Hill School and finally to the Catholic St. Georges' College, before we left Mussoorie.
HH Shri Bhola Nathji used to say: "Now matter how ill I may be at any time, the moment I come to Mussoorie I get well!"
It was here that a life threatening injury to his right arm healed itself miraculously without any medical aid, when doctors in the big cities had given up all hope!
Mussoorie has very little medical aid and when people are asked how they manage to survive, they all say : "RAM BAROSE!! GOD ALONE TAKES CARE OF US!!"
Please clink on the link to view the video  

No comments:

Post a Comment